Hey! Here are 5 steps to get you started with your FlowMotion ONE
You can watch the videos—Getting Started pt.1 and pt.2—or read the text & photo version below.
We don't have comment section here, so if you have any feedback, leave them on the YouTube page. Thanks!
1. Download the FlowMotion App
Go to the App store – or Google Play – and search for the FlowMotion App
2. Insert and Balance Your Phone
The easiest way to insert your phone:
- Insert it from the side so the phone rests on one of the holders
- Grab under the phone holder with your index finger
- Pull up the holder up with your index finger, while pushing down the phone with your thumb
Balancing your phone:
If your phone tilts to the left or right, it's unbalanced. The phone is balanced when it doesn’t tilt either left or right.
To balance it, simply move your phone horizontally until it doesn't tilt.
See the GIF below:
After doing this the first time, use the white marks to remember where your phone is perfectly balanced, making set-up time less than a second each time you use FlowMotion ONE.
3. Power On
Hit the big button with the power-on symbol
When starting up the first time, the stabilizer is in pan mode. In pan mode, the phone will follow your movements left and right (pan direction), but not up and down (tilt direction). See more under "Get familiar with the basic controls" below.
4. Connect to the app
When powering on your FlowMotion ONE for the first time, it will start searching for phones nearby to connect to. Here's how to connect it:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your phone (and keep your FlowMotion ONE powered on)
- Open the FlowMotion App
- Wait 1-3 seconds for the "connect" message to appear on your screen
5. Get familiar with the basic controls
The grip has 2 buttons, a joystick and LED display - here's how they work:
- Battery status,
- Recording status
- Bluetooth status - is on if the stabilizer is connected
- Power status
Just like your PlayStation controller - use the joystick move the camera up and down, left and right. Sensitivity and direction are controllable in the app (coming soon).
When connected, click the record button to start and stop filming or take a photo if in photo mode.
Single tap: Toggle between Pan mode and Pan & Tilt mode
- Pan mode: The stabilizer follows your movement left and right, not up and down
- Pan & Tilt mode: The stabilizer also follows your movement up and down
Hold continuously: Hold the mode button to lock the camera orientation. In lock mode, the camera won't follow any movement.
Double tap: Reset the camera orientation. If you ever end up with your phone upside down, double-click the mode button to reset to default position (camera pointing straight forward). This one is very handy:
Now, get out and shoot!
Let us know if this article was helpful, and how we could improve.