In this article we'll learn:
- What is Motion Time-lapse?
- How to mount FlowMotion ONE to a tripod
- Setting up Motion time-lapse in the app
- Choosing the start and end frame
- Setting the duration
- Starting the time-lapse
What's Motion Time-lapse
Motion time-lapse is a time-lapse with camera motion. A time-lapse is a video composed of photos taken at 1-2 times pr. second and speed up to play as a video. In this way, you can capture photos of the landscape over the course of an hour, and end up with a few seconds long video.
Paired with FlowMotion ONE, you can add camera motion, a horizontal to pan to cover the whole landscape, or a vertical lift to show off tall structures.
Here is a Motion Time-lapse we shot at Hawaii for our new product video:
Mounting FlowMotion ONE to a tripod
To get the best result, you should mount FlowMotion to a tripod. To do this, mount the tripod mount to FlowMotion ONE:
- Twist the handle to the left to detach the grip
- Insert the tripod mount and twist to the right until it's tight
- Mount it to the tripod
Setting up Motion Time-lapse in the app
1. Choose time-lapse in the settings menu
2. Click on “Motion” in the bottom left corner
3. Choose your start frame and click the "+" square
3. Choose your end frame and click the “+” square
4. Set your duration with the slider
5. Make sure the stabilizer sits tight and click record
6. Sit back and enjoy the view - the stabilizer will automatically stop when it’s done